Tuesday, February 21, 2012

365 Days of Kicking Cancer's Ass!

That would be as of today... Suck it Cancer!

On the Monday following the Brocken-Challenge 2011 where I ran a personal best I was diagnosed with colon cancer. That was hard to comprehend then and hard to relate to now.

On 21 Februrary 2011 I underwent laparoscopic colorectal surgery and had the associated tumor and a portion of my colon removed. My oncology board (it's kind of weird to "have" your own board) awarded me a T2N0M0 cancer staging (it's weird to be "awarded" something like that as well). Without going into a lot of detail on cancer staging a T2N0M0 stage is considered a Level II cancer where the cancer/tumor extends into the muscular coat of the colon. The approximate five year survival rate is generally identified as 85%.

I may come back to all of this with a bit more detail a little on down the road. For now, it's time to celebrate!

Life is good friends! Embrace it!

Photo by Rainer Holland taken at the Seeburgersee during the 2012 BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment