Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Registration Wanderings

Registration for the UTMB is an interesting process for which I'm certain the organizers have a method to their madness. Last night I completed payment of a whopping 165 Euro ($232.76) and forwarded my medical certificate to them this afternoon. Found it a bit over the top that I had to agree to the following:

I declare to have got to know the rules and ethics of the race.
I understand and agree with the rules of participation.
I agree to respect all the rules listed.
I agree to abide by and promote the ethics of the race.
I declare that I have checked all medical issues that concern me and by consequence discharge the organizers completely of any responsibility for any medical problems that might happen to me during the race due to my negligence.
I am aware that the organization can cancel my registration without explanation and with no refund due to any mistakes, deliberate or not that I may make with regards to my nationality.
I am aware that the organization can cancel my registration without explanation and with no refund due to any mistakes deliberate or not that I may make with regards to my previous qualifying races.

I don't think I'll run into any issues here; just makes you a bit nervous considering the pain and cost of getting to this point.

By the closing date of pre-registration (13 JAN 10) there were 7069 people pre-registered. The race is only open to 2300 runners. It will be a significant disappointment to get dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment