Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BC Sprain

All of the books I've read on running tell you that it's going to happen... And yes, I thought I could avoid it, but now it's here and I'm bumming...

As you may have seen from the pictures from the Brocken-Challenge there was a lot of snow (it's a winter ultra!). While running the BC 2010 I twisted my ankles in the snow repeatedly. About half way through my right ankle really started bothering me. As things turned out - I sprained it. And, I kept running...

Sunday morning there was a little swelling and some discoloration. By Monday morning my right ankle had swollen to about the size of a grapefruit.

The Doc told me that "Yep, you sprained your ankle." And you now can stay off of it for up to three weeks. That means no running, hiking or skiing...

This is going to drive me crazy...

My ankle is already feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment