Ah... December and the racing season is winding down for the year. Still up is the Nikolauslauf in Tübingen on 9 December, but otherwise time for good food, bad weather, planning and training. As they say in Schwabeland...
While enjoying the short days and the occasional Christmas cookie it's time to start planning a bit for the upcoming year. Work and the ability to get away is going to drive much of my plan and I'm certain there will be other distractions, but this is what I'm planning for 2013:
- Brocken-Challenge, 80KM, 9 February, Göttingen to the Brocken summit (Harz), Germany.
- This year marks my fifth running of the BC. A super charity event!
- Bilstein Marathon, 53KM, 14 April, Kaufunger Wald, Germany.
- I'm new to the Bilstein and have not yet registered. Looks like a great event!
- Hexenstieg, 216KM, 26 - 28 April, Harz, Germany.
- Second go for the Hexer. Last year was fantastic! Registration is complete.
- Le Grand Raid Dentelles Ventoux, 100KM, 18 - 19 May, Gigondas, France.
- I swore last year that I would not run this deliciously evil race again. It's simply too wonderful not to.
- Cortina Trail, 46KM, 28 June, Dolomites, Italy.
- First year running the Cortina Trail. A friend from Canada suggested it and we're going to give it a shot.
- ThueringenULTRA, 100KM, 6 July, Thueringen, Germany.
- Another of my annual favorites!
- Barbarossalauf, 323KM multi-stage, 14 - 19 July, Thueringen, Germany.
- Yes... 323KM over five days. First time giving this one a go. Micha Frenz the organizer puts on super events and I thought I'd give this one a go. Registration is complete.
- Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc, 30 August - 1 September, Chamonix, France.
- The UTMB... What more can I say. I did not get a slot last year and have a guaranteed starter number this year. 2013 will be my third attempt. Got to get this one behind me!