Sunday, May 22, 2011

American Boy

Take me on a trip, I'd like to go some day
Take me to New York, I'd love to see LA
I really want to come kick it with you
You'll be my American Boy, American Boy...

The check point at kilometer 73 (Les Rissas) of the
Grand Raid simply rocks. It is a great surprise for runners to come up yet another hill to first hear and then see the party that is going on here.

When I got into Les Rissas one of the guys I was
running with mentioned to the race volunteers that I was American. With this news now out on the table the ladies switched their music to Estelle's
"American Boy" and started dancing.
It was a hoot for everyone in the rest stop. It would have been great to have had time to stop, have a couple of cocktails and danced a bit,
but there was a race on...

Race volunteers rock! Without them there would be no race.






No comments:

Post a Comment