Saturday, June 5, 2010

Five Fingers...


After reading "Born to Run" I decided to check out what all the hullabaloo was about regarding running barefoot or minimized... Seems like everyone else was doing the same because it's tough to get a pair of Five Fingers these days...

I've been running off and on in my Five Fingers since April 2010 and am convinced that they're a good deal. When running in them you experience a totally different work out, particularly in your calves and the foot itself. Because I've stepped into the unknown with these things I've been mixing them up with regular street and trail shoes. I ran a 13KM hill run today in them, actually the farthest I've run in them to date over mixed surfaces and am happy to report that they were great.

Be careful about taking off over mixed surfaces, particularly gravel. You feel the road and can quickly develop stone bruises on the balls of your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment